Community Outreach at St. Paul’s UM
Free Community Meal
The newest outreach held at St. Paul’s is a “Community Meal” for those who need a hot dinner. It will take place in our fellowship hall the second Monday of each month. Along with our own church members, Christians from Bethany and Zion United Methodist, Red Lion, and Zion UM Church, Freysville, and Emmanuel UCC, Freysville are cooperating with us.
Our goal is not just to feed the body but to minister to the soul, too. Pastor Tim and some others will fellowship with the folks who come in order to strike up a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, we will do our best to introduce them to Christ if an opening is given. If not, then we will continue to feed them.
Community Meal Update
The Next Community Meal is Monday, February 11, 5:00 – 6:00 PM in our Fellowship Hall. The menu for the night includes ham, green beans, potatoes, fruit cocktail, roll, beverage and dessert. Over 190 people attended January’s meal, a sign we are meeting a need in the borough. Also, after the meal there are activities for the children and a Christian video for the adults. Pass the word along as to what we offer without cost!
This past month St. Paul’s husband & wife team, Jim & Mary Loyer shared the highlights of their mission trip to Matanzas United Methodist Church in Cuba back on December 4-11. Mary & Jim’s team brought much needed labor, supplies and money to the Church. People wishing to make donations to assist the church in their growing ministry can do so through our church office. Checks should be made payable to St. Paul’s UMC. St. Paul’s will then see that the donations get to their destination. Thank you!
Other Ministries at St. Paul’s
- Shut-in Ministry
- CDs of church services delivered to shut-ins
- Large print worship Resources
- S.P.U.D.S. (St. Paul’s United Delivery)
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Red Lion Food Bank
- Complimentary New Year’s Eve Community Dinner
- Faith Beyond the Pews (work party)
- Gifts for needy children in the Red Lion Area School District
- Pre School program
- Camp scholarships
- Blanket Sunday (Church World Service)
- 30 Hour Famine
- Tools for Hope (Church World Service)
- Red Bird Mission
- Mission Central (Health kits, school kits, flood buckets)
- One Great Hour of Sharing (United Methodist Commission on Relief)