Community Outreach at St. Paul’s UM
Free Community Meal
The newest outreach held at St. Paul’s is a “Community Meal” for those who need a hot dinner. It will take place in our fellowship hall the second Monday of each month. Along with our own church members, Christians from Bethany and Zion United Methodist, Red Lion, and Zion UM Church, Freysville, and Emmanuel UCC, Freysville are cooperating with us.
Our goal is not just to feed the body but to minister to the soul, too. Pastor Tim and some others will fellowship with the folks who come in order to strike up a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, we will do our best to introduce them to Christ if an opening is given. If not, then we will continue to feed them.
Community Meal Update
At the last meal offered on Monday, October 14 we served 152 people. One of them was our own District Superintendent and former St. Paul’s pastor, Charlie Salisbury. He wanted you to know that he was impressed with what our church and the other Red Lion area churches are doing for the people of our community. In addition to the served meals, we handed out 60+ take home meals and 27 sub sandwiches left over from the recent Ladies Day Out event. Two more suppers remain for the year. November’s supper is the 11th with a menu of chicken pot pie, carrots, salad & bottle dressing, pears, rolls, dessert and beverage. The December meal is the 9th and features baked ham, sweet potatoes, corn casserole, fruit cocktail, rolls, dessert and beverage. Also at December’s gathering, St. Paul’s Praise Team will lead the attendees in Christmas carols. Food is served promptly at 5 PM. Keep spreading the word about these excellent suppers.
Other Ministries at St. Paul’s
- Shut-in Ministry
- CDs of church services delivered to shut-ins
- Large print worship Resources
- S.P.U.D.S. (St. Paul’s United Delivery)
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Red Lion Food Bank
- Complimentary New Year’s Eve Community Dinner
- Faith Beyond the Pews (work party)
- Gifts for needy children in the Red Lion Area School District
- Pre School program
- Camp scholarships
- Blanket Sunday (Church World Service)
- 30 Hour Famine
- Tools for Hope (Church World Service)
- Red Bird Mission
- Mission Central (Health kits, school kits, flood buckets)
- One Great Hour of Sharing (United Methodist Commission on Relief)