Community Outreach at St. Paul’s UM
Free Community Meal
The newest outreach held at St. Paul’s is a “Community Meal” for those who need a hot dinner. It will take place in our fellowship hall the second Monday of each month. Along with our own church members, Christians from Bethany and Zion United Methodist, Red Lion, and Zion UM Church, Freysville, and Emmanuel UCC, Freysville are cooperating with us.
Our goal is not just to feed the body but to minister to the soul, too. Pastor Tim and some others will fellowship with the folks who come in order to strike up a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, we will do our best to introduce them to Christ if an opening is given. If not, then we will continue to feed them.
Community Meal Update
At the last meal offered on Monday, October 9 we served 181 people! That is the largest attendance we have had since we started these meals back in February 2016. We also provided 40+ take home dinners that night. Needless to say, this outreach is definitely meeting a need in the community. In addition, Andrea Rider is now holding a brief lesson/activity time for the children who attend the meal. We continue to be grateful to the churches that support this outreach: Zion UMC of Freysville, Zion UMC of Red Lion, Bethany UMC, Emmanuel UCC and, of course, our own St. Paul’s UMC. The remaining meals for 2017 are on the Mondays of November 13 and December 11, starting at 5:00 PM. Keep spreading the word about these excellent meals.
Other Ministries at St. Paul’s
- Shut-in Ministry
- CDs of church services delivered to shut-ins
- Large print worship Resources
- S.P.U.D.S. (St. Paul’s United Delivery)
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Red Lion Food Bank
- Complimentary New Year’s Eve Community Dinner
- Faith Beyond the Pews (work party)
- Gifts for needy children in the Red Lion Area School District
- Pre School program
- Camp scholarships
- Blanket Sunday (Church World Service)
- 30 Hour Famine
- Tools for Hope (Church World Service)
- Red Bird Mission
- Mission Central (Health kits, school kits, flood buckets)
- One Great Hour of Sharing (United Methodist Commission on Relief)