Community Outreach at St. Paul’s UM
Free Community Meal
The newest outreach held at St. Paul’s is a “Community Meal” for those who need a hot dinner. It will take place in our fellowship hall the second Monday of each month. Along with our own church members, Christians from Bethany and Zion United Methodist, Red Lion, and Zion UM Church, Freysville, and Emmanuel UCC, Freysville are cooperating with us.
Our goal is not just to feed the body but to minister to the soul, too. Pastor Tim and some others will fellowship with the folks who come in order to strike up a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, we will do our best to introduce them to Christ if an opening is given. If not, then we will continue to feed them.
Community Meal Update
The next Community Meal is Monday, April 8th from 5:00 – 6:00 PM in our fellowship hall. This outreach continues to meet the needs of many in the borough. We now average 160 people. On the menu for April is baked ziti, salad, applesauce, roll, dessert and beverage. As always, we thank volunteers from our church, Bethany, Zion – Red Lion, and Zion -Freysville United Methodist Churches, Emmanuel UCC of Freysville and Pleasant View Church. May our God continue to bless this outreach ministry.
Other Ministries at St. Paul’s
- Shut-in Ministry
- CDs of church services delivered to shut-ins
- Large print worship Resources
- S.P.U.D.S. (St. Paul’s United Delivery)
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Red Lion Food Bank
- Complimentary New Year’s Eve Community Dinner
- Faith Beyond the Pews (work party)
- Gifts for needy children in the Red Lion Area School District
- Pre School program
- Camp scholarships
- Blanket Sunday (Church World Service)
- 30 Hour Famine
- Tools for Hope (Church World Service)
- Red Bird Mission
- Mission Central (Health kits, school kits, flood buckets)
- One Great Hour of Sharing (United Methodist Commission on Relief)