Community Outreach at St. Paul’s UM
Free Community Meal
The newest outreach held at St. Paul’s is a “Community Meal” for those who need a hot dinner. It will take place in our fellowship hall the second Monday of each month. Along with our own church members, Christians from Bethany and Zion United Methodist, Red Lion, and Zion UM Church, Freysville, and Emmanuel UCC, Freysville are cooperating with us.
Our goal is not just to feed the body but to minister to the soul, too. Pastor Tim and some others will fellowship with the folks who come in order to strike up a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, we will do our best to introduce them to Christ if an opening is given. If not, then we will continue to feed them.
Community Meal Update
For the last few months we have been feeding and average of 160 people and providing an additional 20 – 40 takeout meals. However, at our May meal we served 208 and handed out seconds and take home meals until everything was gone! We will feed the community again on the Mondays of July 8 and August 12 from 5:00 – 6:00 PM. July’s menu is: Hamburger BBQ, baked beans, potato salad, fruit cocktail, beverage and dessert. In August we serve baked ham, baked potatoes, green beans, applesauce, beverage and dessert. Activities for children and Christian video for the adults are offered after the meal.
Other Ministries at St. Paul’s
- Shut-in Ministry
- CDs of church services delivered to shut-ins
- Large print worship Resources
- S.P.U.D.S. (St. Paul’s United Delivery)
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Red Lion Food Bank
- Complimentary New Year’s Eve Community Dinner
- Faith Beyond the Pews (work party)
- Gifts for needy children in the Red Lion Area School District
- Pre School program
- Camp scholarships
- Blanket Sunday (Church World Service)
- 30 Hour Famine
- Tools for Hope (Church World Service)
- Red Bird Mission
- Mission Central (Health kits, school kits, flood buckets)
- One Great Hour of Sharing (United Methodist Commission on Relief)