Community Outreach at St. Paul’s UM
Free Community Meal
The newest outreach held at St. Paul’s is a “Community Meal” for those who need a hot dinner. It will take place in our fellowship hall the second Monday of each month. Along with our own church members, Christians from Bethany and Zion United Methodist, Red Lion, and Zion UM Church, Freysville, and Emmanuel UCC, Freysville are cooperating with us.
Our goal is not just to feed the body but to minister to the soul, too. Pastor Tim and some others will fellowship with the folks who come in order to strike up a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, we will do our best to introduce them to Christ if an opening is given. If not, then we will continue to feed them.
Community Meal Update
This month the meal is served on October 14 (second Monday of each month) from 5:00 – 6:30 PM in our Fellowship Hall. The menu that evening includes: Sausage, mac & cheese, cole slaw, applesauce, rolls, dessert and beverage. Due to the Church Conference that follows the meal there will be no children’s ac:vity or Chris:an video. Please invite other families you know who could use a hot meal and the fellowship.
Other Ministries at St. Paul’s
- Shut-in Ministry
- CDs of church services delivered to shut-ins
- Large print worship Resources
- S.P.U.D.S. (St. Paul’s United Delivery)
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Red Lion Food Bank
- Complimentary New Year’s Eve Community Dinner
- Faith Beyond the Pews (work party)
- Gifts for needy children in the Red Lion Area School District
- Pre School program
- Camp scholarships
- Blanket Sunday (Church World Service)
- 30 Hour Famine
- Tools for Hope (Church World Service)
- Red Bird Mission
- Mission Central (Health kits, school kits, flood buckets)
- One Great Hour of Sharing (United Methodist Commission on Relief)