Community Outreach at St. Paul’s UM
Free Community Meal
The newest outreach held at St. Paul’s is a “Community Meal” for those who need a hot dinner. It will take place in our fellowship hall the second Monday of each month. Along with our own church members, Christians from Bethany and Zion United Methodist, Red Lion, and Zion UM Church, Freysville, and Emmanuel UCC, Freysville are cooperating with us.
Our goal is not just to feed the body but to minister to the soul, too. Pastor Tim and some others will fellowship with the folks who come in order to strike up a relationship with them. Once a relationship is established, we will do our best to introduce them to Christ if an opening is given. If not, then we will continue to feed them.
Community Meal Update
A total of 162 attended November’s dinner of Chicken & Rice casserole. In addi5on, 80 takeout meals were distributed. The next supper of ham, baked corn and sweet potatoes is Monday, December, 10. We serve from 5:00 – 6:00 PM. St. Paul’s has been asked to supply the desserts for this meal. Please contact Wanda Strickler (717-244-9052) if you wish to contribute. The first Community Meal of the New Year is Monday, January 14, 5:00 – 6:00 PM. That evening beef pot pie, peas and coleslaw are on the menu. As always, after each meal activities for children and a Christian video for adults are offered.
Other Ministries at St. Paul’s
- Shut-in Ministry
- CDs of church services delivered to shut-ins
- Large print worship Resources
- S.P.U.D.S. (St. Paul’s United Delivery)
- Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Red Lion Food Bank
- Complimentary New Year’s Eve Community Dinner
- Faith Beyond the Pews (work party)
- Gifts for needy children in the Red Lion Area School District
- Pre School program
- Camp scholarships
- Blanket Sunday (Church World Service)
- 30 Hour Famine
- Tools for Hope (Church World Service)
- Red Bird Mission
- Mission Central (Health kits, school kits, flood buckets)
- One Great Hour of Sharing (United Methodist Commission on Relief)